Thursday, April 30, 2015

Review: Incarnate by Jodie Meadows

Incarnate by Jodie Meadows

Book 1 of the New Soul series


This is the type that really irritates me because it could have been really good! The premises for the story itself was really good, not to mention the amazing cover which was what drew me in in the first place. A girl born in a world where every one has lived many lives, but she's only lived the one she's currently lived in. When she was born, another soul, Ciana dies, for some unknown reason that's probably revealed later but I didn't get that far. As a result, everyone hates Ana so on her 18th birthday she sets off for the city of Heart to find out why she was born and what happened, and thus the story unfolds. 

But instead it was a really big disappointment, so much so that I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It had a whole host of problems, and that was only up to where I stopped at Chapter 3.

I can literally describe the story up to Chapter 3 in a couple of short sentences.

Ana: Hey Li I hate you so I'm gonna leave now mkay I've been dying to leave and now it's time
Li: Go see if I care. Oh and try not to get lost because if you do I'm not looking for you *cackles evily*

Ana leaves house, runs into scary monster, so then decides to jump off the cliff to save herself from the monsters, later to be rescued by Sam. Upon awakening 

Ana: Let's run away from the mysterious guy that saved me because Li might have hired him and we can't have that
Sam: No don't run don't go. 

*Plays helpless damsel in distress, trembling and all, Sam convinces her to stay.

The next morning...
Ana: Everyone hates me, your horse hates me you hate me that little insect over there hates me too! Just leave me to die here because I'm helpless!"

And that's kind of where I gave up and tossed the book aside.

I absolutely hate, hate, hate whiny helpless female characters which burst into tears at the slightest thing. Absolutely can't stand it, and so disappointed with this book. I was really looking forward to a good read but I guess it's not gonna be this book.


Check out my review on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!